Unfortunately, marriage is not always for better or for worse. Many times factors such as financial hardships, substance abuse, physical abuse, or adultery, can lead a spouse down the path of a divorce. Sometimes spouses can simply grow apart and no longer have the same ideas or goals for their futures. The decision to divorce is overwhelming and frightening, leaving a spouse with many questions:
- What is the process of divorce?
- Will I be awarded custody?
- Am I entitled to spousal support?
- Am I entitled child support?
- How will we divide finances?
- How do we divide retirement?
- How do we divide marital debt?
- Will I get to keep property I inherited or owned prior to the marriage?
As such, it is important to have a knowledgeable attorney to guide you in understanding your rights as you navigate these waters. Having practiced for fourteen (14) years in the area of family law, Page Banks has the knowledge to assist you in determining the issues of custody, child support, dividing assets such as retirement; and dividing debt.