Alabama laws focus on the best interest of the child when making an initial determination or award of custody, however that burden is raised when a parent is seeking to modify custody. Page Banks is committed to serving clients in various matters where custody is at issue:
- Actions to establish paternity, custody, and child support
- Actions for custody based upon abuse or neglect of a child (physical abuse, parent’s substance abuse, neglect, or abandonment)
- Actions to address a parent’s or custodian’s relocation
- Modifications of existing child custody orders.
- Enforcement of custody orders as well as out-of- state orders
- Actions to hold a party in contempt for their failure to follow the terms of a custody order (including the payment of child support)
Page Banks has served as the legal representative for parents and grandparents, and serves in the capacity of a certified Guardian Ad Litem to represent the interests of minor children.
If you have an immediate concern regarding the safety and well being of a child, you should contact your local law enforcement agency or local Department of Human Resources agency. These agencies may assist you in conducting a welfare check or investigating any safety concerns.